Almost everyone wants that smile that lights up a room — pearly white teeth without even a hint of staining. But for most of us, our first thought is that achieving the goal of white teeth requires a visit to the dentist for a teeth whitening treatment. However, there are ways that you can work on whitening your teeth from home.
In addition to brushing twice a day and flossing daily, you can whiten your teeth by eating certain foods:
- Pineapples have an enzyme called bromelain, which acts as a natural stain remover, breaking up a plaque to protect your teeth.
- Broccoli protects tooth enamel by being rich in iron, preventing stains from building up.
- Cheese has phosphorus and calcium to help your teeth repair themselves and fight stain-causing acids.
- Shitaki mushrooms are a source of lentinan, which prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Carrots have Vitamin A, which is essential to keeping tooth enamel healthy, and also stimulate saliva production, helping your mouth keep itself clean.
None of these foods will provide the dramatic results that whitening trays can, though, so if you’re looking to get whiter teeth quickly, contact Noble Smile Family and Cosmetic Dentistry to set up a teeth whitening appointment with Dr. Jahangiri.