Home Dental Care in Katy, TX
Our goal is to provide beautiful, healthy smiles to each patient. At Noble Smile in Katy, TX, we believe personal home dental care plays a crucial part in achieving that goal. A hale and hearty smile can be achieved by having a consistent, quality dental care routine at home along with visiting the dentist regularly. Your home dental care starts by eating a healthy diet, reducing your tobacco and alcohol consumption, and correctly using dental supplies to prevent dental disease. Although we have listed brushing before flossing, it is recommended to floss before you brush.
Brushing Your Teeth
- Make sure that your toothbrush is tilted at a 45-degree angle while brushing your teeth and gums. This way, you will effectively clean the gum line, which often hosts plaque and tartar buildup. Do so in a small circular motion.
- Brush all surfaces of your teeth and mouth, including the front and backside of the teeth, chewing surfaces, tongue, and palate. Also, find ways to brush the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth, for example, the back of your tongue and near the throat.
We also suggest you use electric toothbrushes as they are great at effectively removing plaque. However, use the correct pressure and avoid pressing the bristles too hard on your teeth.
Flossing Your Teeth
- Take 12-16 inches of dental floss and wrap it around your middle fingers. Leave about 2 inches of dental floss between your hands.
- Use your thumbs and forefingers and gently insert the floss between your teeth using a to-and-fro motion.
- Curve the floss into a “C” shape around each tooth and under the gum line. Gently guide the floss up and down, cleaning the side of each tooth one by one.
Rinsing Your Mouth
By following these practices, you will achieve good oral health. If you have any questions about home dental care, or you want to schedule an appointment in Katy, TX, call us at (281) 477-7200. Dr. Allen Jahangiri and his team of Katy’s best dentists are more than happy to guide you about the best home dental care practices. Thus, helping you achieve the noble smile you truly deserve.